Click to view - Homework Policy 2012
Click to view - Homework Rota 2012
Home Learning at George Green's School
Aims & Objectives:
- To develop independent learning skills within Pupils
- To encourage pupils to develop self-organisation skills
- To practice and consolidate work done in class
- To provide opportunities for parental co-operation and support
- To help raise achievement of pupils
The minimum entitlement of Home Learning set is as follows:
- Year 7 & 8 should have Home Learning set every week for English, Maths and Science
- Year's 9, 10 & 11 should have 2 hours per night five nights per week plus weekends
In Years 10 & 11:
Each examination subject will set at least 1.5 hours Home Learning every week. This will include coursework assignments or preparation for controlled assessments. A Home Learning timetable is produced for pupils in year 7-11. Each pupil is given a pupil planner, in which Home Learning set must be recorded.
Responsibilities of Pupils:
Home Learning is compulsory for all pupils. It must be completed to the best of their ability and should be handed in for marking on the agreed day.
Pupils who have difficulties understanding the Home Learning task set have the responsibility of finding the appropriate teacher and asking for further help BEFORE the date. In any event pupils should attempt all Home Learning tasks set to the best of their ability. The usual presentation rules apply to Home Learning as well as class work.
Responsibilities of Parents/Carers:
Parents/carers are asked to support their child's learning by encouraging them to complete Home Learning set. They should encourage their child to explain the task they have been set and show them the completed work. Parents can check on the presentation of the work even if they are unsure of the subject content. Parents/carers are also asked to check and sign their child's Pupil Planner every week, and sign the Home Learning Task where appropriate on completion.