|George Green's School Rewards System
All pupils will be rewarded for their effort (either individually, as a class or as a member of their House) in all aspects of school life. This will include; Attendance, Punctuality, excellent standards of work, effort and achievements.
There will be public celebration of achievements and rewards.
Merits will be awarded by staff for the following reasons:
- Positive oral contribution
- Excellent thinking skills
- Exceptional team work
- Working beyond expectations
- Completing very good written work
- Creating excellent practical work
- Completion of extension tasks
- 100% attendance - weekly
- 100% punctuality - weekly
Pupils will be able to exchange their merits for individual rewards whenever they wish.
- 300 merits = Pen, pencil, pencil case, coloured pencils, felt tips, maths set and calculator.
- 400 merits = Non - Uniform Pass
- 600 merits = 5 Pound voucher (pupil choice)
- 700 merits = 2 cinema tickets
- 800 merits = School Bag
- 1,000 merits = 10 pound voucher (pupil choice)
- 1,200 merits = 15 pound voucher (pupil choice)
- 1,400 merits = 20 pound voucher (pupil choice)
- 1,600 merits = 25 pound voucher (pupil choice)
- 2,000 merits = ipod shuffle
- 3,000 merits = Digital camera
At the end of the academic year the top 40 credit scorers in the school will be taken on a day out, either to a theme park or France, or lunch in a local restaurant with the Principal.
At the end of the academic year the pupil with the most merits in the whole school will receive a lap top or a wii (or gift of their choice to the same monetary value)
Privilege Passes: To be awarded to the top ten merit scorers in the year group.
Privileges: (pupils are entitled to all of these for the whole half term)
- Day out of uniform once a week for the half term
- A special common room for lunch times
- Leave early once a week (2.45 p.m.)
- Go to front of dinner queue.
- Leave through the front door
- Use LRC any day
Afternoon out for form with most merits:
Every half term the form with the most merits in each year group will go: “As far as my oyster will take me” with their form tutor.
Afternoon out for top ten pupils with most merits:
Every half term the top ten merit scorers in the school will get to go out for the afternoon, they can choose a friend to go with them, but that friend must have 95% attendance & punctuality.
Year 7 Pupil of the Week:
Each week the pupil in year 7 with the most merits receives a certificate and pupil of the week badge. They keep the badges and should wear them throughout the year.
The Wonder Wall:
Any member of staff can nominate a pupil for a space on the Wonder Wall. This will be done on a half-termly basis - photographs of the pupil will be placed on the Wonder Wall and letter of commendation sent home. This will be coordinated by the Assistant Head (Pupil Participation in Learning)
Learning Managers and the senior member of staff attached will hold special ‘Reward assemblies’ at the end of each term in order to give out the certificates.
The Jack Petchey Achievement Award:
All pupils and staff will have the opportunity to place nominations for any other member of the school community, whom they consider to have deserved recognition for continued hard work or special achievement. The nominations will then be considered and a winner selected each month. The winner receives 300 Pounds which may be spent in area of school. Learning Managers will also nominate a pupil each for this award each term.
Prize Giving Evening:
The annual prize giving evening allows staff - both subject & pastoral to reward pupil for exceptional work and effort.