Letter from Mr Ryder 4th March 2022
Dear parents and carers,
Thank you again for everything you have done to support the school throughout the pandemic.
We are now Living With Covid, so I write to let you know about some changes we are making in school.
- Students with the symptoms of Covid should stay off from school and take a test; any student exhibiting the symptoms of Covid will be sent home
- Students testing positive for Covid are directed to stay off from school for 5 days
- Air filters are being installed in as many classrooms as possible; as a result, doors and windows no longer need to be kept open and coats will not be allowed to be worn inside the building
- Face coverings are now optional, but will need to be removed if directed by the teacher to aid communication in the classroom
- We will continue to distribute lateral flow testing kits whilst the government continues to supply us with them
- We will keep a stock of lateral flow tests in reserve to support testing once the government stops free testing on April 1st
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of some of our rules.
- Students must go ‘Home First’ at the end of the school day. They are allowed to mix for 20 minutes after the end of the school day, then they must go home and change out of their uniform
- False eye-lashes and false nails must not be worn in school by students in years 7-11. Any student wearing false eye-lashes or nails will be directed to remove them. If they cannot be removed or if the student refuses to take them off, they will be placed in the SSB until they are removed
- Hoodies are not allowed in school. From Monday 7th March, if hoodies are seen in school they will be confiscated
- Students are allowed to wear one stud in their nose. Any other facial piercings are not allowed
These rules are in place to support the learning and safety of our students. We expect and thank you for your support.